What?

Originally the idea came from a local radio station. They kept "The List", a list of phrases said during the week that stood on their own and were funny as hell. They were phrases that not only inspired giggles and snorts, but frequently prompted the question "what brought THAT up?" When playing on a messageboard I would frequently see something that would remind me of The List. Finally I broke down and started recording them. I've done this for about four years... five years? It's been a while. Lo and behold I'm noticing the same thing in the blog world. So why not? Let's have our quotables recorded!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Introduction

Originally the idea came from a local radio station.  They kept "The List", a list of phrases said during the week that stood on their own and were funny as hell.  They were phrases that not only inspired giggles and snorts, but frequently prompted the question "what brought THAT up?"

When playing on a messageboard I would frequently see something that would remind me of The List.  Finally I broke down and started recording them.  I've done this for about four years... five years?  It's been a while. 

Lo and behold I'm noticing the same thing in the blog world.  So why not?  Let's have our quotables recorded!

There are some rules (I learned the hard way)

-This is not a popularity contest.  If your nose gets bent out of shape because such and so is always quoted SO WHAT.  If you never get quoted, so sorry.  It happens.  There is no money transacted here and I offer no guarantees.  If any of this causes you stress, quit reading.

-Yes, you can submit suggestions.  Email me or post a comment.  PLEASE leave a link because I must read it for myself (eventually I'll figure out this blog thing and set up a one click submission form... ha ha ha.... yeah, if anyone knows how to do that, let me know).

-Quotes are based on something that is funny by itself, without any explanation or back story.  Many people submit quotes that are funny in context, but when the phrase is pulled out on its own, not so funny.  My judgment is final.  If I don't use your submission, it's nothing personal.

-My judgment is final.

-NO WHINING

No comments:

Post a Comment